Thursday, December 31, 2009

Server Communication tutorial for 280Atlas and Cappuccino

Update- Blog moved to: http://saleemabdulhamid.com/blog/2009/12/server-communication-tutorial-for-280atlas-and-cappuccino

Someone over on the 280Atlas beta forums requested a tutorial on communication between an Atlas app and a web server. So I created this very simple tutorial:
Link to original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shP7GCfz6vY
The test.php server script just has the following code:


<?php
$input=$_GET["input"];
$output = "The number is: ".$input;
echo $output;
?>
Obviously, if you wanted, you could be accessing your database, etc. in the script and you can also echo JSON formatted data, and check the Cappuccino documentation for some methods that create CP arrays from JSON objects.

3 comments:

  1. Will you be putting the source code for this tutorial on Github?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm... unfortunately, I'm afraid I slapped it together for the video and then deleted the code- kinda stupid of me.

    In this case, there's not much there anyway, I'd be happy to help with anything if you can't duplicate what I did.

    Next time, I'll try and remember to post the source :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, you got me on the right track

    ReplyDelete